09 June, 2009

Day -5

Well I finally found out my host family information today. I'm living with Lissette Hurtado Mondaca and her esposo (husband) Enzo Valle. They live right next to her madre (mother) Alicia Hurtado, and they also have their 24 year old hijo (son) Daniel living with them. They have two perros (dogs) that live on the patio, they are Catholics who attend Sunday mass, and they have Wi-Fi in their house, which means I will be able to update this on a regular basis.

I also found out that they live in Viña del Mar rather than Valparaíso, so I'll be taking the bus everyday to school. It shall definitely be an exciting adventure everyday since the drivers are crazy and traffic laws aren't enforced. Sounds like high school all over again...

Only five days left before I flee this desolate wasteland that is the Tri Cities...oh how I miss when friends were actually home for the summer. I am definitely stoked out of my mind for this wonderful experience, and I still have a crapload to do before I leave.

Oh yeah, my sister graduated on Saturday. After receiving her diploma on stage, she purposefully tripped and fell as the entire Toyota Center gasped "Oh...." Priceless. I think the best part was how shocked my mom was. Hasn't she learned yet after her other three kids? I will hand it to Amy though, she definitely topped anything we ever did. Way to be Amy, way to be.

I leave you today with one of my favorite jokes:
Why is a stove? Because the more you shine it, it gets.