12 June, 2009

Day -1

I leave in less than 24 hours. It kinda makes me nervous thinking that I'll be leaving the US for six weeks, but then I take a step back and look at the US and chuckle. I am nervous about the whole speaking Spanish again for the first time in over a month. Boy I wish Spanish class never ended...ha!

Today is my last day of working at the pool until August, and the pool doesn't even open until tomorrow. I worked quite a few hours already which is nice, but it's a little upsetting to go because I was just promoted to being a head guard by my bosses. I wonder if they'll give me keys before I go...I like keys. They give you so much power. Unless you don't have them, then you're powerless. I still have a key to my old job from over a year ago. I probably should give those back sometime...I also have keys for a house I was housesitting at, but they moved.

Well I'm sure you're all extremely anxious to hear how my new goals turned out. If not, I could care less. They are:
1. Clean up my room by unpacking and organizing stuff I don't need until next fall, and getting rid of anything I don't want any more (Ehh...who needs clean anyways?)
2. Ride my bike 22 miles round trip (Ok this was great. I decided to do a gentle 38 mile bike ride up Clodfelter road and all the way out through the fields and back through Badger Canyon to my house, but someone failed to mention that 5 miles of the ride was gravel road...stupid stupid construction. Well road bikes do not bode well with gravel, and after finally getting past the construction and down to Badger, I was too tired to finish and had to have my sister come pick me up before I got too exhausted, ha. Lame. Still managed to ride 28 miles though, success!)
3. Learn to play a new song on the piano (I'll leave this one to someone who can)
4. Cook a meal including the dessert (Well I made some great tasting ribs for the first time, but I couldn't find any good berries to make a pie so I skipped the dessert part)
5. Draw Alyssa a picture =) (I managed to finish this one, luckily I didn't specify it being a good picture...)

Well I'm off to work now. One more day of saving co-workers while trying to ignore my hunger since I never allow myself time to eat before I leave. I hope you have a great weekend, and next time you hear from me I'll be in Chile!!!