01 July, 2009

Lunes

Woke up to something being nailed into the other side of the wall directly above my head. And I thought dogs howling was a bad wake up call...

Monday I awoke awake and ready to go. The shower wasn't quite as warm, and my towel wasn't quite as dry, but the bathroom wasn't a steam room when I was done so that was good. I had another hot chocolate and some bread and cheese for breakfast, and then Rodrigo asked if I wanted to go walk along the beach by myself for a while until lunch time. It was such an amazingly nice day that I grabbed my camera and took off right away. It was so warm out that I actually was hot in my sweatshirt.

I walked down to the main walkway and noticed a man sitting out on some of the rocks in the ocean, so I decided to go grab a rock of my own. I took some sweet pictures of the waves crashing over the rocks and just watched the ocean for a while, but then I realized the tide was coming in and I didnt want to get stuck out there so I left. I then continued walking along the beach to the larger of the two beachs and noticed what looked like to be people in the water. Surfers. Well they were more like oversized boogie boards, and if they could, they'd stand up on them but most of the waves weren't quite big enough.

I walked a little further and then sat on a bench along the walkway and watched the waves and the people. It was a wonderful morning. I could get used to it.

I headed back to the cafe, and then we hopped in the car and went to Gisena's parents' house for lunch. Had some more great meat, and then watched some TV. After, we said our goodbyes, drove to Rodrigo's parents' house to say more goodbyes, and then went to the cafe to gather our goods and head out. We had another exciting drive home to say the least, and boy is Rodrigo an impatient driver. We were going 110 km/h again on a 70 road when we rounded a turn and saw a micro passing in our lane not too far ahead. He proceeded to honk and flash his lights and throw his hands in the air as if the driver had just committed murder. I thought it was a little uncalled for since he was going 40 over the limit, but at least we lived to tell of it, ha!

We got home, had our once, and then watched Transporter 2. Sweet movie. We had previously seen the first so the family was pretty stoked to see the second. I finally went to sleep way later than I should've, and woke up not ready to go back to class.

I think I should go now. I still dont know if I have class today, sweet.

Chao.